Subscribe to our mailing list

* indicates required

october, 2017

07oct(oct 7)10:30 am(oct 7)10:30 amFeaturedPet Adoption

14oct(oct 14)10:30 am(oct 14)10:30 amFeaturedPet Adoption

21oct(oct 21)10:30 am(oct 21)10:30 amFeaturedPet Adoption

28oct(oct 28)10:30 am(oct 28)10:30 amFeaturedPet Adoption

 Enjoy Halloween But Keep Chocolate Out of Reach of Pets

LOS ANGELES – We all enjoy Halloween for the costumes and parties but mostly for the candy. Some of us prioritize chocolate at the top of our list. But this is a treat that is off limits to your dogs and for good reason. It’s highly toxic.

Why is chocolate toxic for dogs?

Chocolate contains a chemical called theobromine that your dog cannot metabolize as efficiently as humans. As a result, it builds up in their systems until it reaches a toxic level of concentration, which may lead to a variety of problems with the most serious being death due to cardiac arrest. Also, the less your dog weighs, the higher the toxicity level. This means that even a tiny piece of a Kit Kat can be very dangerous for your Chihuahua, poodle, or other small dog.

So enjoy Halloween, the parties, the costumes – but keep the chocolate all to yourself and out of reach of your pets!

By | 2017-07-30T12:15:37+00:00 October 23rd, 2008|Safety Tips|0 Comments

About the Author:

Los Angeles Dog Rescue

Leave A Comment

X